Lettering in Band
Band Letters are proudly worn on letter jackets and earned by meeting the following requirements:
- Participate in Marching Band.
- Participate in Band Camp.
- Participate in Concert Band, Symphonic Band, or Percussion class second semester.
- Attend ALL required performances. There are few exceptions to this rule. A family ski trip planned in August for the December concert is NOT a permissible absence for lettering. Playing in the pep band for the away football games (against other SM schools) is a requirement or an appropriate substitution.
- Display appropriate behavior in rehearsal at all times.
- Be on time to rehearsals, class, and performances. The band is responsible for mall clean up four times during the year.
- Sign-up in advance and help with clean up once each week we are assigned.
- Choose one of the following options:
- Audition for KMEA District I Honor Band
- Participate in solo and ensemble festival in April
- Participate in Jazz Ensemble (either group will suffice)
- Audition for, make, and participate in Basketball Pep Band. (Usually the band participates in 10 games.)
- Complete a "Letter Participation Form" at the conclusion of the school year and return the form to Ms. Snead.